Expert Oil Change Service At Stanley Chevrolet
Keeping You In The Loop
Taking care of your vehicle can be tedious but well worth the effort. When your vehicle is running smoothly it can save you money down the road. Oil change service is one of the most common auto repair or maintenance services that are crucial to keeping your car in good health. There are numerous signs that you might need one and many more reasons why they are important. If you want to guarantee the life and quality of your vehicle, oil changes are extremely important. Keep reading to learn more about oil changes, or give us a call at Stanley Chevrolet today.
Why Oil Changes Are Necessary
One of the best ways to ensure a long and quality life for your vehicle is to get regular oil changes. Here are some of the reasons why oil changes are important for your vehicle:
- Lubrication: The oil you put inside your engine keeps all of the vital components lubricated, which prevents these parts from directly rubbing against each other. When these parts don’t have enough oil on them and they touch, it can cause irreversible damage.
- Coolant: At the same time as keeping the parts lubricated, the oil also keeps them cooled. When metal gets hot, it expands. The oil helps to prevent the metal from expanding too much and from getting too hot. The lack of oil can cause the engine to seize and essentially become a giant paperweight.
- Gas Mileage: This might be one of the more minor reasons why oil changes are important but it can still make a difference. The cleaner and fresher the oil, the easier your engine can work. When your engine has to work harder it can make your gas mileage worse, and an oil change can help prevent this.
- Longevity: On the same note as mileage, when your engine is working harder than usual, it will cause premature damage to the important components. Excess wear and tear will take away years of life from your vehicle and cause you to spend more money on repairs.
One thing to remember is that oil changes are important for both the short and long run for your vehicle. You’ll protect your vehicle for years to come by getting regular oil changes and ensuring that the oil is always clean. You can schedule your next oil change service at our Chevy dealer today.
Signs You Need An Oil Change
Knowing when to have your oil changed is just as important as knowing why you need it changed. There are several signs that point to need an oil change and we will go over a few of them here.
- Odometer: Each oil change should be done around 5,000 miles you drive or every 6 months, whichever comes first. Sometimes, with a newer vehicle, you can even go up to 10,000 miles before needing an oil change. You can speak with one of our technicians to find out when you should have your next oil change, or you can consult your owner’s manual.
- Oil Light: If you don’t keep track of the miles you drive between service, then the next sign to look out for is the oil light on your dashboard. When this comes on you should get your oil changed as soon as possible.
- Color: Fresh and clean oil is a lovely dark amber color. If your oil isn’t this color, it’s time for a change. When oil gets old, it will become black and thick, which can cause your engine to work harder.
- Noise: The lack of oil in your engine can cause loud knocking noises. If this occurs, you should have your car looked at right away. Metal rubbing on metal in your engine is never a good sign.
- Smoke: If you have an oil leak, it can cause the oil to drip on your engine and burn which will then create the smoke. This can come from under the hood, but will typically come from the exhaust.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, schedule your next oil change service at Stanley Chevrolet today.
We’ve Got What You Need
Come to our Chevy dealer for all of your auto repair and maintenance service needs. We have a team of certified technicians that will work hard to ensure that your vehicle is running in the best shape possible. Whether you need an oil change service or something more complex, our technicians can handle it. Schedule your next oil change service with us online today.